Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Crocheting a netted bag

Lately I have been looking for a way to improve on the old netted crocheted bag that I made years ago when I first started etsy. The first time I made a netted bag I used chains and slip stitches. This was fast enough but I think I have found a faster and nicer stitch to make a bag like this out of.


Crocheted netted bag

This is a picture of the old version from years ago that sold on my etsy account. I actually put a lot of work into it but I didn't sell it for much.
This new way for me to make it is using the solomons knot and the slip stitch. I don't even have to crochet a base like I did for the one above.
You would start it with as many solomens knots as you think there should be. Lets say five of them then you make one more knot and slip stitch into the second knot from the hook. Make sure to crochet into the knot part of the stitch. You should have a loop now. Just keep going down the row like these then put one extra stitch at each end of the row.
When you get to the second row just slip stitch into each loop from the last row.

With this stitch I could make one of those crocheted grocery bags that I've seen around. Making it with the Solomon's knot makes the bag a lot fluffier then if you were to make it with just chains but if doesn't lose any of its strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment